The Ex Granny Wrangler

26 November 2006

Voices In My Head










Not so long ago, one cold grey wet miserable English day (unusual that), the following conversation took place inside my head.

I’m bored. Me too. Lets do something crazy. Like what? You know, like craaaazy. But where do you start looking for a Kurt Darren CD in London? I said crazy, not retarded you doos. Oh. I feel like flying home. Lying on Camps Bay beach for two weeks. What about Clifton? Do I look like a herpes encrusted stick insect with a penchant for organic lettuce leaves and a nose full of cocaine. Nah, Herschel girls have suntans. Precisely. Ok, so how we gonna get there? We’ll fly. Oh. How will we afford it? Hic – sorry, that cider’s given me hiccups. Did we have a cider? Aren’t ciders for Chavs? Who are you? Is it time to go to school? 5 more minutes. Please?

** CRACK**

(1 X Poes Clap aaaaaand we’re back in the game.)

We'll get a job immediately after we leave The Trunchbull, work for the two week placement, leave straight from the granny's place to Heathrow, jump on a plane (coz we have a return ticket booked for that day already) and head home. Easy. Listen, The Agency couldn't organise a c*ck-up in a strip club, let alone get us a two week booking with surgical precision on the exact dates we need. There's no margin for error. It's exactly 15 days between leaving The Trunchbull and our booked date. It can't be done. F*ck you. I hate you when you're sober.

7 comments:

Revolving Credit said...

Sorr your post was a bit confused???
So are you coming to tan your ass on 4th beach or not - if not, I have drink to you when sunning and drinking at Caprice in the week,

PS. By accepting the job as Sommelier you arre automatically tag. So best you invite your 10 best guests.

Revolving Credit said...

Sorry, spelling a bit shit. Drank too much. 1st concert of the sunset concert season @ Kirstenbosch. Goldfish were great.
So come home and join me and 10 000 of my closest friends for these Sunday picnics we'll a
have every sunday of summer.

Katie Possum said...

I wanna go home!!!! Not permanently just yet. I've still got to work it out here for a while, but I wanna go home! Its cold and grey and poo!

Anonymous said...

I reckon listen to the drunk fairy. She sounds fun.

Live on the edge. Take the chance, and if your next job runs a couple days over the expected time frame, then steal ouma's handbag and dash for the airport.

The xGW said...

Revo: And how is Sunshine feeling this morning?

Kate:One day little caterpillar, one day...

Mark:The drunk Fairy's a bit of a fruit loop to be honest. Sad tale to follow... :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Rev is onto something there. Cape Town misses you.

The xGW said...

Sorry i can't hear you through all my sniffling and crying and feeling sorry for myself...