The Ex Granny Wrangler

03 May 2007

Bankrupting The Tooth Fairy

If you don't like chocolate cake please raise your hand. Ok would someone please toss out that doos at the back. Come on, everybody loves chocolate cake. A heavy handed slice of pure unadulterated deliciousness to make your knees go weak with every nibble, laden with enough calories to make Dakota Fanning look like a pretzel, and oozing with seven different kinds of wicked. So widely adored is this wonderful creation and yet sadly, so often frowned upon and guiltily avoided. But then I suppose rules and diets are always made to be broken, so it is only natural that one day, when you've been on celery sticks and rice cakes for a looooong time and you've walked past the bakery a thousand times but haven't dared go in, there comes a time when you catch sight of the ultimate Cake Of The Day. The cake of all cakes. Death By Chocolate. Tiered. Solid. Yummy. Standing in the window. You get giddy from the smells wafting on the breeze and you start to salivate. In a relatively attractive way of course. Not drool all down your front like i did on the plane last night only to wake up when the guy in front of me (seat 74K, you know who you are sir) let his bowels go in a most disturbingly thunderous manner, to discover i looked like a spring break wet t-shirt contestant, minus, of course, the heady blend of silicone and peroxide. No, i repeat, attractively.
All of a sudden your 'f*ck it' switch trips, you fly through that bakery door, stumble over the sofa... uh, step... and throw yourself headlong into the gateau, fervently gorging yourself silly, caution, amongst other things, thrown to the wind. And when it ends with a happy sigh your eyes glaze over, your knees give way and you think to yourself, by god if that wasn't the most incredible chocolate cake i've ever tasted...

Godammit, i'm hungry again.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odd how one never has these kinds of cravings for celery say, or cauliflower :) Lovely post GW, had a good giggle ...

Anonymous said...

Deprivation is the grindstone upon which appetite is sharpened.
74K? You been flying in one of those ultra-wide-body aircraft?

Anonymous said...

AAAaaah! I haven't had breakfast yet...this is just cruel! I don't think we actually have any chocolate in the house - but I'm about to find out.

Phlippy said...

All I can do is laugh.

Brilliant. Good to have you back babe.

Phlippy out

anonamouse said...

I feel the same about carrot cake. Not any old store bought carrot cake!
The carrot cake my old ma makes. I have had cousins drive 300 kilometres when they heard the old biddy was baking.
Now thats carrot cake!

lordwiggly said...

Aaah, the old gateau! I enjoy gorging myself thoroughly, filling my mouth so that I can't speak and moaning and groaning to the taste sensation! I'm munching on an apple streudel muffin (that I baked last night) right now, but it aint no substitute for the ultimate tiered almond cake (that is now so hard to find in Jozi).

Urk said...

You had your cake and ate it.
welcome back dude.

ChewTheCud said...

Love chocolate cake. LOVE chocolate! Used to like it so much I started baking. Just to be able to make chocolate cake whenever i wanted ;)

The bakery down the road from me back in London used to do the most insane chocolate chocolate-chip cookies. Just the right amount of chewyness and chocolateyness, and they were huge. Could last you a whole day, if you had the restraint of Buddha maybe ;P

The xGW said...

parenthesis: how about cucumber?

kyk: **giggle. you just said 'grind'.

louisa: am wondering whether or not the penny's dropped? i truly hope you found what you were looking for...

phlippy: laugh away but make sure your mouth is full. it makes it more fun.

lost-in-jozi: if those connotations serve me correctly, in alignment with my earlier innuendo i have but two words to say to you... "Jerry, Jerry"

wiggles: austrian muffin-munching. nice. glad you got baking last night.

urk: ok so i had my cake but i wasn't the one doing the eating...

chewsy: there's my boy! you filthy budding little master-baker! ;)

Insane Insomniac said...

Bakeries...the bane of my existance. Doughnut days, death by tiramisu days, OD on cadbury's days, and of course the ultimate day - Chocolate Mousse Cake day.

Funny, since I got back, I haven't actually eaten anything. And a box of smarties doesn't count!

lordwiggly said...

These food comments are killing me!!!

lordwiggly said...

Chews the master-baker! Brilliant!

Revolving Credit said...

Can we please clarify?

You are refering to baked goods?
This is not some pseudo-lesbian carpet munching fantasy, is it???

Now that I've raised the question, go re-read your post.

It even appears to have a pediophile refernce of sorts.

Sies, skaam jy nie vir jou nie??


Bet that took your appetite away.
Hahahaha..

Revolving Credit said...

So you and the Bowel King joined the mile-high club??

It still reads like a carpet munching fantasy, unless your partner was a hermaphrodite?

(but that would be getting really weired, even for me)

The xGW said...

revo: no no no. not the sweaty overweight bowel king. and not mile high either. but yes, in retrospect it does read a little lesbian fantasy. my bad.

ChewTheCud said...

Your mom ever made you chocolate cake? Some of my friends moms make the best chocolate cake.

Phlippy said...

OMG Chews you legend!

The xGW said...

chews: "i'll have the Black Forest Milf Cake please maam"

phlippy: ditto to that. but he's also a master-baker.

lordwiggly said...

//Wiggly screws up his face to this new information and keeps a-munchin' on his muffin//

Insane Insomniac said...

Why has a perfectly chocolaty post degenerated into a milf fest?
If you boys are that into mom's, mine is a hottie and on the market for a man! She makes amazing...erm..I want to type fudge, but that's opening a can of worms...

Revolving Credit said...

Insano, are you trying to pimp your mom???

Anonymous said...

An appetite for cucumbers. Let me think now ... :)

Katie Possum said...

she's posting again :)

TheTart said...

Yum, I MUST have chocolate cake now!!

Frosting kisses,
The Tart
; *

Anonymous said...

Now this is wierd.. but I currently have 10 kg's (no kidding) of cooking chocolate in a box in the room under my stairs..

Maybe I should start baking

The xGW said...

wiggles: oh wiggles, must you screw everything?

insano: damn self-censorship! i could have had a field day!

revo: i think you should put in an offer there pimpdaddy.

parenthesis: by all means think but for the love of god and vegetables, hold on the vocalizing.

possum: in bewteen bouts of bad behaviour, yes she is :)

tart: oops, i think you've got a bit of frosting on your nose...

gimpster: like brother like brother.