The Ex Granny Wrangler

20 October 2006

Masochistic Me

So it's friday and whilst all of you bloody sods skip off into your weekends filled with sunshine and booze and tortilla chips and fluffy love cuffs, I am about to do the unthinkable. I'm on the 11.05 GOTM-bound train from Waterloo to Fogeyville where an old dear, just short of a century, eagerly awaits my arrival, gripping onto her zimmer frame with delight. No doubt word has reached her (albeit through a hearing aid) of my fame, my International Domestic Goddess status, my charm and my unsurpassed experience with poultry. She's one lucky woman. I, on the other hand, am not. They say bad stuff always happens in three's, and given the last two loons i've had (and survived!) i reckon there are another two weeks of cynical, potty-mouthed posts coming your way. Or perhaps just three days in I'll run off with a randy sailor. God knows i need it.

My favourite photo of all time: "The Kiss", Times Square, New York, photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt, Life Magazine, Aug. 14, 1945.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many of us just have jobs. You have a vocation.

Anonymous said...

Haha and I thought I was having a bad week.

Good luck!

crayola dude said...

good luck bok...

The xGW said...

Kyk: when i mailed god the other day i must have made a typo. It should have read 'vacation'. You win some you lose some huh?

Mark: You have NO idea.

Phuzzy: Nice of you to resurface. Now keep your punk-ass hangin around a bit will ya?