The Ex Granny Wrangler

12 June 2007

Hit And Miss.

I've lost the will to blog. I'm no longer a Granny Wrangler, I'm a freaking PaperCut Wrangler... Which holds a certain appeal, as far as a name goes although I'd be a little hard-pressed as to how I'd typeset the word PaperCut and what on earth would I do with the knickers? A pair of the disposable paper ones they give you when you go for a Brazillian maybe? I digress.

The point is, at the end of every day I trudge home. I'm f*cking tired, even more f*cking grumpy and more often than not devoid of any form of humour. And I *like* making people laugh, be it with me or at me, although the former is generally the more preferred of the two.

I miss Benson & Hedges, I miss Muppet's constant bloody indecision, I miss my little silver 1 Series. I miss running through the wheatfields, I miss chatting endlessly on google chat with my friends who are really trying to get through an honest day's work and could do without the smutty innuendos i throw about mid-spreadsheet. I miss the Farming magazines which I was convinced were copies of Hardcore Hussies & Their Favourite Kitchen Utensils. I miss being made to turn left and go through the village to find a safe turn around point because Muppet thought it was too dangerous to turn right out of the driveway. And I miss the cat crap. Every single little perfectly formed poo plopped on the bathroom mat. I miss it all so much it hurts.

Do you really want to listen to me bitch and moan and churn out reams of profanity, as unclassy as it may be? Do you really care to read my vicious self-deprecating diatribes? Do you give a flying continental f*ck whether or not I was lascerated by the entire population of the 90gsm block of Xerox paper in the stationary cupboard? If I howl and sulk like a spoilt child because I don't get my way in everything I do will you even bother coming back... ever? And most of all, if i neglect my writing from time to time will you forget about me?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This entry is layered like an onion and just as likely to make me cry.

Anonymous said...

We'd never desert you! And diatribes are as good as dialogues, sometimes it helps to vent :)

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. Erm. Yes. No.

Anonymous said...

Pfftfft.

If we insisted on a hugely hilarious blog every day to be satisfied, Kyk would be outta business in a nano, and yet we still lurk back. Every day. Just to check. (Because we haven't worked out rss feeds).

Now shoosh. And write.

Anonymous said...

"Get up you son of a bitch cuz micey loves ya"

Anonymous said...

wonders if XGW would staplegun her fingers if she tried to give her an understanding hug and a soothing cup of tea?

weeps.

fuzzy logic said...

Noooo! Don't stop!

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare stop blogging. As soon as I'm online full time, we'll be able to swap bitching stories about office politics.
K??

Betenoir said...

hey, we'll never forget you! ever~uh~ what was your name again...oh yeah, Stanley!

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm a total stranger and i keep comin back even if you dont blog for a week.

The Lush said...

Yeah honey, you so have to do better than that to get rid of me.

Sending you so much love and millions of kisses (without tongue). ;)

Revolving Credit said...

I smell a sequel :

Return of the Granny Wrangler!!

The Granny Strikes Back!

Phlippy said...

Don't you DARE stop you silly lovely amazing woman!

The xGW said...

kyk: chocolate cake has layers. so does parfait. everybody loves parfait. you ever meet sombody, you say to them lets get some parfait and they say hell no, i don't like no parfait...

parenthesis: ok but you asked for it.

martin: can't think of anything dirty to say huh?

dolce: rss is over-rated anyway. but thanks for the for the click-effort :)

mark: oh dear, 3 weeks in CT and he goes all Rocky on us.

gradma: //accepts the tea and leans in for a hug. staplegun behind her back ;)

fuzzy: that's what i said last night.

insano: yes sir! uh, maam.

betenoir: i know, weed gives me terrible memory loss too.

fgm: my mom said i should never talk to strangers. but you don't seem *too* strange, so hi :)

lush: no tongue?? these boys will be disappointed.

revo: nah. not gonna happen. although it does sound like an epic.

phlippy: i am, aren't i?

Anonymous said...

Well, come on, I'm one of the purebloods, remember? do not be afraid of me, i'm just a little strange(H)

The xGW said...

fgm: fear not, i does know who you is :)

Anonymous said...

then who am i? Do tell:D

The xGW said...

fgm: that would just be no fun then, would it?

Anonymous said...

It should be obvious by now that if you jotted down a shopping list on the back of a till slip, we'd clamour to read it. And still find it funny.

Come back when it's fun again, xGW - we'll be around.

Anonymous said...

Oh man up and skate it off, you big fairy.

Some people have *real* problems...





lovelovelove :)